Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Mommy Orphanage


This book was written by a mother and daughter, Cheryl Wilder Krass and Emily Krass and illustrated by Lauren Francis. I got my copy through amazon last week but it doesn't hit store shelves until tomorrow. I cannot say enough good things about this book. It's a personal conversation between the author and her daughter and they were gracious enough to share it with the world. Little Emily mixes things up and asks what if mommies were in orphanages and children got to pick the mommy that was right for them. The first time I read this story to my daughter, she wrapped her tiny little arms around me and said "mommy, I'd pick you too." Many families who have adopted children will tell you that somewhere overseas, a stranger matched them with the child that meant for them. In this story, Emily says it from her perspective, that she was matched with the mommy meant for her. I cannot wait for more books written by this mother and daughter duo! (hopefully there are more in the works)

No comments: