Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Book club for one

I've also wanted to join a book club, but have never been asked. Book clubs became popular about a decade ago. Since them the cliques have been formed and it seems like it would be easier to get into Fort Knox than asked to be a member of an established book club.

This being said, I decided to start my own book club and see where it leads. Right now I am going to play catch up while I finish the book I am reading and review some recent good reads. Hopefully, some of you have read the same books and we can share thoughts.

As you can tell, I am a mommy to two terrific children. My son is 13 years old and my daughter is almost 3. I have been married for just about 5 years. I know what you are thinking and yes, my son came before marriage. I had a crazy freshman year in college, things got a little out of hand and I ended up with my incredible son. My husband adopted him after we were married. After a hellish year of infertility treatments and another 17 months of paperwork, my husband, son and I made a miraculous journey to China where we met our baby girl. Many of my favorite books are adoption related.

Reading has always been my favorite way to relax and now that my baby girl is growing up, I finally am finding time to read again.

Please come back and visit often!

No comments: